Leaving Koonalda after 2 nights it was only a 100km and a bit drive to the WA border and the locality of Eucla. Interestingly, the lessees of Koonalda, the Gurney family, were the owners of the original Eucla village from 1949; all that remains of the original village are the ruins of the Telegraph Station and Post Office which is now subject to the ever shifting sands.
After visiting the ruins we continued on to lunch at the Mundrabilla Roadhouse then onwards through Cocklebiddy to stop for the night at a quiet roadside Rest Area another 50km Westwards.
Moving on in the morning we briefly stopped at the Caiguna Blowhole for Breakfast – a much larger blowhole than the one at Koonalda but with no updraft or sounds of rushing water this time.
..and so on to the 90 Mile Straight, the views that stretch onwards and to Norseman after a refuel at Balladonia and a brief roadside stop for lunch.